Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Grandpa

My mom found this great old picture of my cousin Grant and I with our grandpa. I love it. Grant and I were his first grandkids so he's only in his 40s here. He is one of my heroes, and some of the fondest memories of my life are with him as a child -- trips to Goleta Beach or to the Club or to UCSB to go swimming in the pool. We share a love of books, politics and music, and I feel so lucky to be his granddaughter. He is still very involved in his community, writes book reviews for the local paper, and provided impetus for his city government to lower carbon emissions and to make the city more "green". In short, the man is wicked awesome!


4 comments:

BirdieMann said...

So cute! But which is you and which is Grant? I can't tell and its killing me.

Darci said...

Grant is on the left and I'm on the right.

kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kim said...

Ditto, Grandpa is the BEST! I remember him doing laps in the Fremont pool with me on his back. I loved it! Now I try and swim holding sammy and I just about drown, he's amazing.